A Miracle Cure Or A Divinely Created Healing Product?
Recently scientists have isolated the unique molecule that gives olive oil, with its multitude of health and life-extending benefits, even more power. Oleuropein, a specific polyphenol found in the olive fruit, seed and leaf that carries tremendous health benefits and is responsible for the characteristic biting, astringent taste of olives and the majority of olive oil’s antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and disease-fighting characteristics.
In a 2005 study, oleuropein was given to animals with cancer, and the tumors completely regressed and disappeared in 9 to 12 days! (Hamdi HK, Castellon R. Oleuropein, a non-toxic olive iridoid, is an anti-tumor agent and cytoskeleton disruptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun.2005 Sep 2;334(3):769-78.) Makes you wonder if today’s oncologists are aware of Oleuopein!
The olive tree is scientifically known as Olea europaea, which helped the scientists who discovered oleuropein provide its name. Oleuropein isn’t just found in the olive fruit, but also the leaves, branches and seeds as well. Special processing techniques are required for the extraction of a stable usable form of oleuropein – which is mostly known as “olive leaf extract” and readily available for purchase and use in most health food stores.
Olive leaf extracts and their oleuropein constituents are best known for their blood pressure-lowering effects, but the latest studies reveal their health benefits extend well beyond that. Additional anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties offer promise in fighting atherosclerosis, diabetes, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, and even arthritis.
Yet another amazing benefit of oleuropein is its longevity anti-aging properties. In one study, researchers examined the impact of olive leaf extract with oleuropein on proteasome activity in human keratinocytes—the most common type of skin cell in the upper layer of the skin (epidermis). After exposing keratinocytes to olive leaf extract with oleuropein, they found a significant increase in proteasome activity i.e. doubling the activity compared to the control. Proteasome causes damaged proteins to be degraded more efficiently, thereby preventing the buildup of protein waste which is known to that promote cellular aging.
Translation: Oleuropein removes protein waste and keeps you looking & feeling younger!
8 Amazing Benefits of Olive Trees, Leaves, Fruits and Their Seeds
1. LONGEVITY – Olive trees can live for thousands of years. There are even some trees in the Mediterranean region that are scientifically verified to be as old as 2,000 years.
- PROLIFIC – The olive tree starts bearing fruit at around 5 years of age. One specific tree in Croatia is carbon-dated to be 1,600 years old yet it still produces abundant fruit today.
- INDESTRUCTIBLE – The root system of the olive tree is so robust that it’s capable of regenerating itself even when the above-ground structure of the tree is destroyed by frost, fire, disease or simply cut though at the trunk base. In 1985 a severe frost destroyed many productive and aged olive trees in Tuscany, ruining the livelihoods of many farmers. However, when new shoots appeared in the spring and the dead wood was removed, they soon became new fruit-producing trees.
- UNPARCHABLE – Olive trees are drought friendly’ and just like eucalyptus trees do not need to be watered very often.
- GENEROUS – Large olive trees produce on average about 400 pounds of olives annually. Older and larger trees can produce more. It’s estimated that there are about 865 million olive trees in the world today.
- ANCIENT – The edible olive has been cultivated for at least 6,000 years. Legend has it that the first olives discovered had fallen from trees into salt water on the banks of the Mediterranean where they were first discovered and eaten, and the original inhabitants though they were “fruit of the ocean”
- HOLY – The olive branch is a biblical symbol of abundance, glory and peace. It was the first symbol of protection offered to Noah by the holy spirit (dove) once the flood waters had receded – symbolizing from God that “everything is ok now.” (remember, it takes a minimum of 5 years for an olive branch to yield an olive fruit). Olive oil is still used today in many religious ceremonies. Over history, the olive fruit itself is the symbol of peace, wisdom, glory, fertility, power and purity.
- HEALING – Olives are incredibly healthy fruit (yes, fruit—they are a distant cousin of the peach) containing antioxidants, healthy fats and fiber. 100 grams of olives contain 15 grams of fat, 1 grams of protein, 3.8 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber – making them an exceptional healing “fat bomb” with a net carb of only 0.8g! They also contain Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc and Copper along with Vitamins C, B, A, E, and K. Research shows that people who consume a large amount of olive/olive oils (ie Mediterranean diet) live longer. One study of 26,000 women found that diets high in olive oil could cut the risk of developing cardiovascular disease by up to 28% compared with a controlled diet.
Olive Leaf Extracts have been shown to reduce cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, lower blood pressure, diabetes while supporting weight loss, boosting immunity and reducing inflammation. They also have a very strong antiviral and anti-biotoxin (mold, Lyme, parasite) power.
Olive Seed Oil (different from olive oil) is known as Primaria Oil which comes directly from the oils extracted from olive seeds. Olive seeds are essentially 99.9% fat, but the seeds contain Hydroxytyrosol, Tyrosol, DEA, oleanolic acid, Maslinic acid, and large concentrations of Vitamin E. Traditionally Primaria Oil is used in the cosmetic industry as the “proprietary” active ingredient being most “anti-aging” creams. I use quotes because it’s a natural God created oil so there is nothing proprietary about it, rather most people know nothing of the olive seed oil.
If you are wondering where you can get a product that contains all three aspects of oleuropein (the fruit, seed and leaf extracts) there is one called Theracreme. It’s a simple topical lotion that you can apply directly to your skin, face and joints that promotes direct absorption of the oleuropein. Yes, we now carry it here, simply cease it has been shown to enhance healing, remove signs of external aging and can even help you to detox from the negative effects of biotoxins (mold, Lyme, parasites, viruses and bacteria).