1/2 Cup Quinoa rinsed
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Chai Tea Bag
1/2 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar optional
Chopped Nuts (Pecans/Walnuts/Brazil etc)
Cinnamon or other spices
- Before cooking, be sure to rinse quinoa well. This removes saponin (quinoa’s natural coating), which can make quinoa bitter.
- In a small saucepan, combine almond milk, quinoa, and chai tea bag, and bring to a boil. Once almond milk is boiling, remove the chai tea bag. Add coconut sugar (if desired) and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook quinoa, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.
- When quinoa is done, remove from heat and keep covered for another 5-10 minutes so almond milk can fully absorb.
- To serve, put quinoa in a bowl with a little more warmed milk.
- Garnish with desired toppings and a Sprinkle of Cinnamon or other spices