Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Creates: 1 loaf
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
- 4 large free-range eggs, separated
- 1 cup smooth, raw, unsweetened cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp raw (preferably local) honey
- 2 ½ tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Place small, heatproof dish of water on the bottom rack while the oven heats.
- Line bottom of an 8.5”X4.5” loaf pan with parchment paper, then grease the sides of the pan with a thin coating of coconut oil.
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a mixer and beat until soft peaks form. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Beat the egg yolks and cashew butter in a separate bowl until combined, then mix in honey, vinegar, and milk.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt into the cashew butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan, then immediately put in oven.
- Bake for 45-50 mins, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 15-20 mins.
- Use a knife to free the loaf from the pan, then flip pan upside down to release the loaf onto a cooling rack. Cool right side up and wait an hour before serving.