Most everyone loves a piping hot bowl of chili. It’s hearty, filling and delicious. The best part about this recipe is that it’s loaded with nutrients from fresh veggies, protein from the grassfed beef and a nice dose of anti-inflammatory cumin. Serve it up!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lb. ground bison or beef
- 2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 8 oz. can tomatoes (with no added sugar)
- 12 oz. jar salsa (homemade or all-natural)
In large skillet or crockpot with heat set on medium-high, melt oil and sauté onions, garlic, celery and pepper until onion is translucent, 3-4 minutes.
Add ground meat, thyme, chili powder, and cumin, and cook stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes.
Pour salt, tomatoes, and salsa into pot. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for a minimum of 1 hour. Crockpot on low can simmer for a few hours.