- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or tamari
- 4 organic green bell peppers, tops cut off and chopped (throw away stems), and ribs and seeds cleaned out
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 container mushrooms, sliced
- 8-12 thin slices organic, raw cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the hollowed peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minus, just to soften a bit.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with salt, pepper, chopped green pepper tops and onions.
- When the beef is browned and the peppers and onions are soft, add the liquid aminos and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are slightly cooked.
- Put a slice of cheese into the bottom of the peppers, fill with ground beef mixture, and top with another slice of cheese.
- Cook in the 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- If you have leftover cheese steak mixture, you can bake it in an oven-safe dish with cheese over top.
- Serves 4-6 people.