Baked Eggs in Avocado
The title says it all! The point is, you get all the healthy fats that come in both avocados AND eggs, plus it looks fancy and even you’ll be convinced of your gourmet chef skills when looking at your plate. Great for breakfast, lunch, a snack or even dinner!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 eggs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: turkey bacon, feta cheese, chopped walnuts, salsa, cayenne pepper, chives, cilantro, turmeric, sauerkraut…
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit
- Remove 2 small spoonfuls of avocado flesh to make way for the egg (don’t take it all though!)
- Gently crack egg into each avocado half
- Place avocados in glass or stainless steel baking dish
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, depending on size
- Season, drizzle with olive oil, garnish and enjoy!