Chocolate Protein Power Bars
If your looking for a healthy way to replace the classic “Power Bar” – which by the way are often LOADED with sugars and other added sweeteners. This bar can double as a meal replacement due to its high fat, moderate protein and low to no carb ingredients.
Simple to make and I promise you one thing, you will wish you made a double (or even triple) batch.
Protein Bar Base
- 2 cups sifted almond flour
- 1 cup ground flax meal/flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 scoops of Grass Fed Chocolate Protein Powder
- ¾ tsp powder stevia
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic grass fed butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of organic grass fed butter
- ¼ tsp of pure liquid stevia
- Place almond meal, flax meal, shredded coconut (optional), Grass Fed Protein powder and stevia in a food processor, pulsing into a mixed ground meal.
- Melt coconut oil, butter and 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate using a double boiler
- Once melted add vanilla to melted chocolate/coconut mixture.
- Mix liquid chocolate with dry ingredients in a bowl until turns into a paste
- Press mixture into an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- Heat chocolate topping butter and coconut oil until liquid in a double boiler
- Add stevia and heat and stir until dissolved
- Add 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Slowly pour melted chocolate over the chilled bar base in the glass baking dish. Return to the refrigerator for at least 30 min or until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve. Note: If chocolate cracks when cutting, let soften for 10 minutes then cut into bars and refrigerate until served.