Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Creates: 1 dozen
- 3 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup raw (preferably local) honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 free-range egg white
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup dark-chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place coconut, cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon, coconut milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Place egg white in the bowl of a stand mixer or a hand mixer, and beat with a small pinch of salt for 1-2 mins, until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white into the mixture by hand and mix gently until fully combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out balls of dough, and pack them down tightly with your fingers.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, place in oven, bake for 30 mins, rotating the tray halfway through. Cool for 1 hr, use a wire cooling rack if you have one.
- Dip the bottom of the macaroons in the melted chocolate and set them on parchment paper. Cookies need to set at room temp for 1 hr or you can place them in the fridge for 30 mins.