A great way to celebrate a healthy Valentine's Day is with these flourless chocolate cakes. You can make one cake in a heart-shaped cake pan, or you can use a heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut your single cake into heart-shaped pieces once baked.
- 4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate. You can also use 4 ounces of these Stevie-sweetened chocolate chips.
- 3 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup of grass-fed butter, or 1/2 cup of coconut butter or oil
- 1/4 cup of organic cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups of organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 375F and use either grass-fed butter or coconut oil to grease an 8" pan (or your heart-shaped pan)
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt your chocolate and butter (or coconut butter) while mixing the ingredients together
- Combine melted chocolate/butter with the remaining ingredients and quickly whisk it all together until its silky smooth
- Pour the mixture into your pan, place it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until a fork or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove pan and let the cake cool completely. If you're using the cookie cutters, remove the cake from the pan in its entirety and very carefully portion it into heart shapes.