Ganache Tart with Toasted Hazelnuts
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Chilling Time: 3 Hours
Creates: 12 servings
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp cacao butter, chopped
- ½ cup raw (preferably local) honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp organic brewed coffee
- 1 vanilla bean, split with the seeds scraped
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 12 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp raw hazelnuts
- Place coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 mins. Stir in the cacao butter, honey, coffee, and vanilla bean pods and seeds.
- Cook 20 mins, remove vanilla pod and stir in salt.
- Place chocolate in a big bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over it, whisk the ganache until smooth. Let sit at room temp for 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place hazelnuts in oven on a cookie sheet for 15 mins to toast. Wrap the nuts in a towel and steam for 1 min in order to loosen skins. Vigorously rub the towel between your hands to remove skins. Coarsely chop the skinned nuts.
- Pour ganache into a 14”X2.5” rectangular (or 9” round) tart mold with a removable bottom. Sprinkle in the chopped hazelnuts. Place in fridge to chill for 2 hrs at room temp, or until set.
- Let tart sit for 15 mins at room temp. Slide a knife around the edges to free tart before serving.