We get it all the time, “What? I can’t have granola for breakfast?” It’s been sold as a healthy food for decades–and it might be in moderation if it weren’t for the toxic grains. But never fear! The Ernsts are here to offer you a fresh and healthy alternative: grain-free granola.
- 1/4 cup whole organic flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw organic almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw dehydrated coconut flakes, unsweetend
- 1/2 can chilled coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
Combine flax seeds, almonds and coconut flakes in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get a chunky, grainy consistency.
Add in your cinnamon and pulse a few more times to get a good mixture.
Add raisins or dried cranberries if desired.
Serve 1/4 cup or so portions with coconut milk poured over it. Or you can heat the mixture in a saucepan for that “hot cereal” effect.