We all know grain is not good for us. But we love granola. What to do? Here's the answer. Replace the grain with raw nuts, which can boost your energy levels and give you that nice full feeling. This is truly the perfect anytime snack for your busy lifestyle. Serves 6-10 (depending on serving size)
- 2 cups organic nuts (any combination of walnuts, pecans, and almonds – slivered work best)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 cup erythritol (like Swerve) or spoonable Stevia, to taste (about 1-1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1/4 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1 organic egg white, whisked until frothy
- Core Plan Option: 1 cup dried fruit (unsweetened organic cranberries, raisins, dates)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in ginger, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to chop the nuts.
- Transfer nuts to a large bowl. Pull out any large chunks and re-process.
- Add pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and dried fruit (if using) to the nuts.
- Toss to combine, then pour the oil mixture into the nut mixture and mix well.
- Whisk egg white and pour over mixture, Mix together, making sure everything is coated well.
- Transfer granola onto baking sheet, spreading it out into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dry and golden (watch it closely so it doesn't burn). Don't stir, but you may need to rotate the pan if it is browning unevenly.
- Remove the parchment from the hot pan and let the granola cool completely (it will get even crispier as it cools).
- Break granola up into chunks. (Can be stored for up to two weeks in an airtight container.)
- By itself as a snack.
- As a cereal, served with organic almond milk, coconut milk or raw milk.
- Parfait-style with organic yogurt and berries.