Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
This is a perfect duo to fight any cold. Lemon is loaded with vitamin C, magnesium, and copper. Honey, when mixed with bodily enzymes kills bacteria within your system.
- 1 Pint of RAW honey (local preferred)
- 1 whole organic lemon
- Pour honey in a pan on stove top and heat on very low heat. (if the honey boils it loses its healing properties)
- Place the lemon in in a separate pan and cover lemon with water and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. This process kills off bacteria that is on the skin and softens the lemon.
- Cool the lemon and then cut it in slices and add to the pan with pint of honey.
- For approximately 1 hour, let mixture cook on warm heat.
- Strain the honey free of lemon and seeds.
- Cool, bottle in jar with a lid and store in refrigerator
To soothe cough take 1 tablespoon 4 times a day or as needed.
For children: 1/2 teaspoon for 25lb or under, and 1 teaspoon for a 50lb child, 4 times a day or as needed.
This syrup will keep fresh up to 2 months stored in the refrigerator.