Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Creates: 6 servings
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup minced organic, yellow onion
- 2 medium organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- ½ pound lean grass-fed ground pork
- ½ cup organic tomato puree
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic and sauté for 5-7 mins, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix for 30 seconds to combine, then add vegetable mixture.
- Divide the meatloaf evenly among the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan, fill to the top. Press gently to pack the meat down.
- Bake for 30 mins, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Remove muffins from the pan and carefully shake off any fat and grease that has accumulated on the bottoms.
- Add whatever toppings you like!