Natural Hot Cocao
Enjoy this warm cocoa classic on the cold days. It is also a great gift idea for the holidays. *
Make sure to find dark unsweetened (preferably raw) cocoa, to reap the many benefits of this super food – high in antioxidants and minerals.
Note: You can make this keto-friendly by using xylitol as the sweetener, and coconut milk as the liquid.
- 1/4 C Organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 C Coconut sugar or Xylitol
- 1/4 t Sea salt
- 1 t Vanilla powder (can substitute w/extract if making immediately)
- 1/8 t Ground cinnamon
- 4 C Unsweetened almond milk (use any preferred milk)
- At this point you can keep the mix for later use *
Heat the milk in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cocoa mixture.
Whisking constantly, add the milk until the dry powder is fully dissolved.
Serve hot, with some home made whipped cream
*This is a great gift idea to share with friends. Put the powdered mix into a mason jar,or bagged up and in a mug.