Pecan pie is a true crowd pleaser but it has all that bad sugar that makes you crash and burn. But these tarts have all the sweetness but none of the no-nos. There's a tiny bit of prep but no cooking here. These yummy tarts are ready to grab and go!
- 1 3/4 cup organic walnuts
- 3 Medjool dates, soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Organic cold pressed coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups large Medjool dates, soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup organic pecans (plus more for garnish)
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is broken down and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon evenly into coconut oil greased mini muffin pan and press down gently to create a thin, even crust on the bottom and sides.
- Place in freezer while making the filling.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked dates, pecans and about 1-2 tbsp fresh filtered water and blend until smooth and gooey, scraping down the sides often.
- Spoon filling into chilled crusts and top with pecans.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to set up for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges and popping them out.
- Place them in mini muffin cup liners or on a dish and keep cold by storing in the refrigerator.