Parsnip Fries with Chipotle Dip
- 1.5-2.0 Lbs Organic Parsnips
- 1 Quart Grass Fed Tallow
- Sea Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Mayonnaise
- 2 TSP chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Peel parsnips and cut lengthwise into “fries.”
- Place in large bowl with ice and water to for 1 hour (up to 4 hours in advance)
- In a pot heat the beef tallow until it reaches 325F (use an oil thermometer). TIP: if you don’t have an oil thermometer, place the handle of a wood spoon in the oil, it will “bubble” if its hot enough.
- Fry the parsnip strips until light golden brown color (3-5 min per batch).
- Remove and let cool to room temperature
- Heat the oil up to 375 and repeat the frying process for 2-4 min per batch. Remove and immediately add salt and a dash of smoked paprika.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chipotle dip in a bowl and mix well. Salt and pepper if needed and serve with your parsnip fries as a dipping sauce.