Pumpkin Seed Butter
Watch out Peanut/Almond Butter – there’s a new “better butter” – ok it’s not really new, but chances are you have never had pumpkin seed butter.
No, not pumpkin butter – the sweetened spread some people use instead of apple butter. This is seed butter directly from blending the inner pumpkin seed – AKA Pepita.
- Raw pumpkin seeds (Pepitas)
- Himalayan pink salt
- Food processor
- Put any amount of Pepitas into a food processor with one of the sharpest blades.
- Pulse several times until it looks like “pumpkin seed flour”
- Turn the food processor to continuous on, let the mixture thicken and turn into a dough (congealed ball).
- Let sit for 30-60 seconds and run the food processor again until you get a thickened paste.
- Transfer into a jar and let it sit at room temperature as the oils come out naturally over time.
- Mix and salt to taste before serving.