This delicious dish is totally appropriate for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a mid-afternoon snack. It’s packed with protein and micro-nutrients from eggs and all these great veggies. And for as gourmet as it looks, it’s surprisingly easy!
- 5 organic, free-range eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives or diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced organic tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped organic mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leafy greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, collards, chard or a mix of all)
- 1⁄2 cup small cubes of cooked beef (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese crumbles (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a stainless steel pan or cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil on medium until liquefied.
Add greens, chives, beef cubes, cheese and salt and pepper (to taste) and sauté until softened.
In a mixing bowl, crack eggs and add a touch of salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Pour egg mixture over veggies sautéing in skillet. Cook on medium heat for approximately four to five minutes.
To finish cooking, place skillet in heated oven for approximately two to three minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
When done, frittata should be firm on top.
Top with your favorite salsa and sliced avocado. Enjoy!