Great for autumn weather and when you or a family member is a little under the weather–or just because it’s good, this chicken soup is packed with healthy proteins, micronutrients and the healing benefits of a good broth.
- One three-pound whole free range, organic chicken
- Four organic carrots
- Four organic celery stalks
- One large organic onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Cut your veggies in halves or quarters
- Place chicken and vegetables in a crock pot
- Cook your chicken and vegetables all day in your crock pot until meat falls off the bone
- When cooked, remove everything except the broth.
- Pour broth into a stock pot
- Add 1 cup chopped bits of chicken meat (save the rest for later)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Optionally re-introduce vegetables
- Garnish with cilantro