Super fresh veggies and a nice medley of spices make this cold soup something to smile about. It makes for a nice introduction to your dinner or can be eaten solo as lunch. The recipe serves 4-6 people.
- 4 chopped organic plum tomatoes
- 2 cups organic tomato juice
- 1 cup organic cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1 medium organic garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 organic lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground organic black pepper
- Garnish: Chopped organic avocado and cucumber, and/or fresh organic basil leaves, chiffonade.
- Place tomatoes and tomato juice into a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree for 15 to 20 seconds on high.
- Return pureed mixture to bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (can chill overnight, if desired).
- Serve with any of the garnishes if desired.
NOTE: Can also be served as an appetizer in small glass bowls.