INGREDIENTS (All Organic):
- 3/4 CUP Cassava Flour
- 1/4 CUP Tapioca Flour
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Himalayan Salt
- 8 TBSP Cold Butter, Cubed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Coconut sugar & Cinnamon (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or oil a cast iron scone pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the cassava flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and butter in a food processor. Turn it on and process for about 10-15 seconds, so the mixture is the texture of coarse crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and maple syrup. Add the contents of the food processor and with a fork, mix it in until just incorporated.
- Lightly coat your hands with coconut oil and press the dough into the cast iron scone mold until approximately 1/2 full or mold them by hand and place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coconut/palm sugar and/or cinnamon, if desired and bake for 15-20 min until golden brown.