Most pancakes are loaded with various unhealthy ingredients, from bleached white flour to sugar and hydrogenated oils – just because its “home made” doesn’t instantly make it “healthy.” Another downside is most people eat pancakes for breakfast – thereby destroying their healing fasting states. In my house we have these pancakes for LUNCH or DINNER! Are you ready to expand your intermittent fasting foods?
Here’s my favorite go to pancake. I call it the “Un-Pancake” because it’s everything free (egg free, nut free, grain free, dairy free and added sugar free) naturally sweetened and packed with fats and flavor!
- 2/3 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 10 drops liquid stevia / 2 stevia packets
- Berries (blueberry, blackberry, strawberry etc)
- Baking pans lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Combine flax and chia seeds into a blender or food processor and pulse until ground into a “flour”
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon
- Combine coconut milk, water, banana, vanilla and stevia into a blender, mixing until liquified
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry flour and mix into a dough
- Fold berries in, paying attention to evenly distribute through the dough
- Form into small balls approximately 2-3″ round. Place these onto the parchment paper lined pan and pat down into a flattened pancake
- Bake at 350F for 20 min, flipping at 10 min
- Serve warm with butter/coconut butter and maple syrup/honey (syrup/honey only if your in maintenance phase with your regeneration diet program)