Chicken comes out so juicy and tender when it’s marinated and this recipe is no exception. And when you cook it on indirect heat instead of right on the fire, you avoid all the harmful carcinogens. Now add some veggie laden zucchini noodles and sauteed bok choy and you have an amazing meal which will be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Old Fashioned BBQ Chicken
- 4 bone-in, skin-on organic free-range chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup organic raw apple cider vinegar with Mother
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients thoroughly.
- Place chicken breasts in bowl and coat thoroughly with marinade.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes (can marinate overnight if desired).
- Heat grill.
- Place chicken breasts on hot grill, but not on direct flame.
- Close lid and turn periodically until cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Baste with remaining marinade, if desired.
Tomato Garlic Zucchini Noodles
- 2 large organic zucchini
- 1-2 cloves fresh organic garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (add more if you’re a spicy lover)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1 organic tomato, chopped
- Slice zucchini into strands or ribbons using a spiral slicer or mandolin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat (do not overheat).
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook just long enough to get hot. Do not cook too long.
- In a pan, sautee chopped bok choy in coconut oil.
- Add sea salt and a few drops of liquid aminos or tamari.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, to taste