- 1/2 cups dried elderberries*
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup raw honey
* Organic elderberries are very hard to find in local stores. They are found on Amazon with the link below
- Place elderberries, water, and ginger in a small saucepan over high heat, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to bring mixture to a simmer, reducing the volume by 50% (approximate 15-20 min)
- Transfer this mixture to a new bowl passing it through a mesh strainer, using a spoon to “press” the berries through the strainer (discard pulp in strainer)
- Once cooled, whisk in the raw honey, mixing thoroughly and store in a sealed glass mason jar.
- Store in refrigerator. Keeps for up to 2 weeks.