• 4 TBSP Coconut Flour
• 4 TBSP Arrowroot Flour
• 1 TSP Himalayan Salt
• 1/2 TSP Ground Black Pepper
• 1/2 TSP Smoked Paprika
• 1/4 TSP Baking Powder
• 1 Large Vidalia Onion
• 1 Egg (yolk discarded)
• Avocado Oil/Coconut Oil
- In a frying pan heat 50/50 concentration of avocado and coconut oil until ~400F. You want at least 1” of oil in the pan.
- Slice the Vidalia onion at 1/4 inch thickness and break apart into individual “rings” and set aside.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, whites of one egg and add water slowly until it becomes a thickened/slightly runny batter.
- Coat each onion ring with the batter completely then place into the hot oil.
- Note: it only takes a few seconds for them to brown. It’s recommended to only cook 3-4 at a time so they don’t stick together or burn.
- Pull the cooked onion rings out of the oil with a small sieve or a fork, dab dry with a paper towel or let them drain and cool before consuming.