Grainless Butter Crust
- 1 1/4 tiger nut flour
- 1.5 tbsp ice-cold water
- 1/2 cup cold, cubed grass-fed butter
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together with kitchen aid or food processor with dough blade
- Transfer and press out evenly onto bottom and sides of glass pie pan
- Bake for 5 min at 425°F
- Remove and set aside to cool while preparing the filling
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin (pre-scrapped and “strings” removed (alternatively 2 cups canned pumpkin)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingredients in kitchen aid or food processor with wet blade and transfer into the pie crust.
2. Bake at 425°F for 15 min, removing at 15 min to apply a small strip of foil to the exposed crust to prevent it from burning as the pie cooks the for an additional 30 min at 350°F. At 45 min total use a knife to “clean test” Add 5 min increments if necessary until a “clean knife test” is accomplished.
3. Remove and cool before cutting and serving.
Note: this pie transforms in both flavor and texture when chilled overnight in the refrigerator. Serve chilled or warm at 300°F for 7-10 minutes before serving.
*ideally all ingredients are organic, non-GMO, free-range, grass-fed, etc