Everybody loves chicken wings but not when they’re fried in bad fats. Well, here’s a recipe for baked wings that is just as tasty and so much better for you. Made with a fantastic dijon mustard hot sauce, these wings will be the hottest ticket on your tailgate menu and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- 1/4 cup unsalted raw, grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp powdered stevia
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic tamari or liquid aminos
- 2 tbl fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup hot sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 2 pounds organic chicken wings
- 1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp organic black pepper
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small-medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the stevia, wine, tamari, lemon juice, dijon, hot sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the sauce pan and mix.
- Mix the chicken wings with the sauce in a large bowl until wings are well covered.
- Arrange chicken wings on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake wings at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- For even more tender wings with a thicker sauce, reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue cooking for 3-4 hours, flipping every 30 minutes.