This is a healthy filling breakfast packed full of vitamins, minerals, and protein from leafy greens and eggs.
- 5 pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped beet greens (or your favorite leafy green)
- 1⁄2 cup small cubes of cooked grass-fed beef (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stainless steel pan or cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil on medium until liquefied.
- Add greens, chives, beef cubes, cheese and salt and pepper (to taste) and sauté until softened.
- In a mixing bowl, crack eggs and add a touch of salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies sauteing in skillet. Cook on medium heat for approximately four to five minutes.
- To finish cooking, place skillet in heated oven for approximately two to three minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- When done, frittata should be firm on top.
- Top with your favorite salsa and sliced avocado.