‘Dorito’ Crusted Taco Pie
Perfect for the colder weather, this Mexican style pie is warm, filling and super health promoting. And for the spicy food lover, you are going to want to keep this recipe on hand because it packs a punch. The crust is what really sets this apart. It’s ‘Doritolicious”!!
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon kosher or Celtic sea salt
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
8 oz. organic (preferably raw) grated old cheddar cheese
1 organic free-range egg
1. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar).
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk egg.
3. Combine egg with the dry ingredients.
3. Using your hands, Knead the mixture well to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. The “dough” will form a ball.
4. Form the dough into a large circle about 2/3 inch thick.
5. Press dough into pie plate as evenly as possible
7. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and set aside to make filling.
- 1 lb grass-fed, grass-finished ground beef
- 2 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 2 teaspoons organic cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon organic onion powder or 1/4 grated organic yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon organic arlic powder
- 2 teaspoons organic oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons fresh salsa (optional)
- In a pan, brown ground beef.
- Add spice mixture, water and salsa, if desired.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Top with shredded raw, organic cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.
- Fresh Salsa
- Organic Avocado
- Organic Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Fresh Organic Cilantro
- Shredded Organic Lettuce