Prep Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 25 mins
Creates: 4 buns
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- 3 free-range eggs
- ¼ tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup palm shortening or ghee, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place cashews in a food processor and process for 10 seconds until ground into coarse flour.
- Add free-range eggs, apple cider vinegar, milk, and shortening. Process for about 30 seconds or until very smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Process again until a smooth and a sticky dough forms.
- Using wet hands, shape dough into 4 buns. Rewet hands in order to keep the dough from sticking so you can get a smooth surface.
- Place egg yolk and coconut milk in a small bowl and whisk. Brush dough tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place buns on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place in oven, bake 25 mins.