This was, up until now, a protected Ernst family recipe. Well, we made it again last night and thought it was high time to share it with the world. Full of natural sweetness, delicious chocolate and that fudgy, chewy texture that makes a brownie such a popular treat.
- 6 large free range eggs
- 3 ripe avocados
- 9 TBSP grass fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup raw palm sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Flaky or coarse ground sea salt (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8”-x-8” square pan with parchment paper. In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except flaky sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and smooth top with a spatula. Top with sea salt, if using.
- Bake until brownies are soft but not at all wet to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 25 to 30 minutes before slicing and serving.