Sauerrüben are a crisp and tangy alternative to traditional sauerkraut. You can even take the finished product and chop into a “relish” or simply eat them right out of the jar! A favorite side dish for any chicken, beef and or fish dish that are loaded with living, raw probiotics!
- Organic peeled and thinly sliced parsnips (10lb bag)
- 1/4 cup celtic sea salt;
- Basic Brine
- 2 tbsp celtic sea salt
- 4 cups of filtered water
- Place the sliced parsnips into fermentation jars or into a fermenting pot, pushing them into the jars with some force while adding the salt as you continue to fill the jars/pots.
- Ensure the liquid is at least 1 inch over the top of the parsnips but also 1 inch below the top of the jar/pot – as these will expand during fermentation.
- Cover with a clean towel if needed to keep out fruit flies.
- Place in a warm spot in your house (direct sun, near a heater vent, in the oven after brining it to 150 degrees and turning off). for 7-10 days
- Serve and enjoy!