A great side dish for summer cookouts, or a great dinner for the colder months. This recipe is vegetarian, and so flavorful. Just make sure to use all organic veggies to ensure that it’s a delicious, healthy chili for even the connoisseurs in your life.
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into bite size pieces 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, or fresh
- Sour cream and avocado for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. 2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add cumin and chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until spices are fragrant.
4. Add zucchini and tomato paste then stir in black beans and diced tomatoes. Add 2 cups filtered water and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer and cook about 30 minutes.
5. Season with more salt and pepper as needed. 6. Garnish with sour cream and avocado slices and