Shoutout to Toni Steedman Zelickson for this fantastic recipe! These energy bars are so full of energy-packed nutrients, they are a great way to keep you going throughout the day.
Makes 2 standard loaf pans plus 24 mini-muffins or 2-3 loaves (depends on how high you want loaves) Bake 325 for 50-60 min, depends on thickness. Muffins take less time. Keeps fresh for 1 week or freeze!
- 1 cup almonds (chop if making muffins, no need to chop for loaves)
- 1 cup walnuts (chop if making muffins, no need to chop for loaves)
- 3 cups mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia – any combo)
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or apricots (Not really keto, but per serving, it’s negligible)
- 5 free range eggs
- 1 cup almond/coconut flour combo
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or ghee)
- 3 TBSP honey or maple syrup (Not really keto, but per serving, it’s negligible)
- 1-2 packets of stevia – optional
- 1-1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Put all dry ingredients together.
Mix eggs, oil & honey. Combine with wooden spoon.
Line loaf pans with parchment paper. Press mixture into pans and bake.
For muffins, heap into muffin papers. (This mixture doesn’t rise much.)