Since grains are a no-no, how about a delicious pizza with a crust made from cauliflower? And topped with your favorite seasonal vegetables? A fantastic combo for lunch, dinner or snack. Creative cooking at its best!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup fresh organic whole milk mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cage-free egg
- 1 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce mixed with 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic, and 1/2 tsp Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Grass-fed butter or cold pressed coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet with grass-fed butter or coconut oil.
- Grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.
- Place in water in a stainless steel pan and cook for 12 minutes.
- Mix grated cauliflower, egg, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer onto to cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a round about 1/4” thick pie crust.
- Brush crust with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add tomato sauce, remaining half of cheese, mushrooms, and olives.
- Return to oven for 5–10 minutes, until cheese is melted.