This gravy is so easy to make, and extremely useful around the kitchen. A delicious way to enhance your ketogenic diet and increase the fats on your daily foods. Use on meats, vegetables or as an additional ingredient for other sauces.
- 2 T grassfed butter or ghee
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T each minced fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 t chopped sage leaves
- 1 C chopped mushrooms
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups homemade bone broth
- ½ teaspoon himalayan salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add the onions. Cook until the onions turn golden brown and are clear in appearance.
- Add the garlic cloves and fresh herbs, sauteing for 1 minute after the onions are ready – now add the vinegar deglazing the pan.
- Introduce the bone broth over high heat bringing to a boil, then reducing it to a simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly. The sauce consistency should be thick like a
- Place the cooked gravy into a blender and puree until smooth.